Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Overcoming sensory issues!

As most of you know, Adriana has a few sensory issues one of which is eating different textures of food. We are working very hard at overcoming this and thought it would be easier to keep track of her progress if I wrote it all down in a blog. Although this will be extremely boring for most people, it is something I need to do to help her and I over come and achieve success with eating. As of today, there are very few items Adriana will eat. My goal with her is to show her trying new foods is nothing bad and create a healthy eating plan now why it is easier to change than when she is an adult. My biggest accomplishment will be to get her to eat fruit and veggies which she has never done even as a child. She cannot stand the feel of their textures in her mouth. It is a very slow work in progress but we are trying hard. So here we go on our journey to learning that eating can be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment