Monday, July 19, 2010

Fruit salsa!

While in Branson this past week, I took a cooking class at Silver Dollar City about healthy snacks. One of the recipes was fruit salsa........hum, wasn't sure how I would like it. It turns out it is really good! And very easy to make!
Mix together the following ingredients
-one drained can of pineapples
-strawberries, kiwi, papaya, and mango sliced up
-diced up red onion
-about 5-6 dashes of soy sauce
-cut up cilantro
Mix everything together and serve. It was so good I've already made it twice! She suggested making it as a side to go with hawaiian chicken and rice and drizzle some of the juices over the rice.
You can also dice up the fruit into small pieces and eat it with chips.
Great summer time snack!

1 comment:

  1. You could use that on tilapia fish too. I've used a mango salsa for tilapia as well and it was phenomenal! This sounds like it would be good with your fruit salsa since it's so mild flavored to begin with. I think I might have to make some myself! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete